Santa Rosa de Lima Catholic Church

THE MISSION STATEMENT OF SANTA ROSA de LIMA CATHOLIC CHURCH
We the people of Santa Rosa de Lima Catholic Church called by God, centered in the love of Christ and sustained by the Holy Spirit and the Sacraments, commit ourselves to carrying out the mission of Christ and living to glorify God in all that we do.

THE VISION STATEMENT OF SANTA ROSA de LIMA CATHOLIC CHURCH
Santa Rosa is a parish with much diversity but a shared sense of parish life, ministry, and care. We are united in our commitment to being a Catholic Community that welcomes and nurtures all who join our family and ministers to all in the larger community that need us.


Mailing Address: 6571 FM970 Florence, Texas 76527
Physical Address: 6571 FM970 Andice, Texas 76527

Office Hours: 9am-2pm, Monday-Friday
Office Phone: 254 793-2047
Office Fax: 254 793-3247
Pastor: Rev. Larry Stehling, 254 793-2047, father-larry@srdl-cc.org
Deacon: Ken Ryan, deacon-ryan@srdl-cc.org
Secretary: Patricia Swindle, 254 793-2047, secretary@srdl-cc.org


View Larger Map


Brief History

Santa Rosa de Lima had a humble beginning as a mission church. Masses in the 1930's were held in such places as the former Andice movie theater until a modest church building was built in 1937. The same building stills stands in the original location and is used as a chapel. The church struggled and was closed down a number of times until the 1970's when stability took hold. Although a dwindling community, the first resident priest, Father John Herledan (of which the hall next to the original church is named) decided to remain at Santa Rosa full time starting in 1984. In an impressive show of giving, Santa Rosa parishioners built Herledan Hall themselves in 1989, providing and/or securing all the materials and labor needed to finish the building on a shoestring budget. In the early 1990's services were shared by charismatic Reverend Greg McLaughlin and our beloved Monsignor Louis Wozniak. In 1993, as the population growth of Williamson County began its rapid upward spiral, an insurance man-turned ordained priest took over the full time duties at Santa Rosa, Father Walter F. Carr. Under his guidance the church received a much needed facelift and modernization. In the late 1990's, when Santa Rosa no longer was a mission church but was able to stand on its own, it became obvious we were running out of room, and fast. In 1999 construction began on a new church for Santa Rosa and in 2000 it opened just up the street on the other side of the Andice General Store. By this time three Masses were needed instead of just one. A new rectory, religious education building, and hall (which bears Father Carr's name) were all built around the new church. In the summer of 2006 Father Eliseus Ibeh became our resident priest and shared his lively spirit for his faith with us for six years. On Palm Sunday, 2011 a fire destroyed our religious education building and a new one now stands in its place. In the summer of 2012 Father Larry Stehling was assigned to be our spiritual leader.


Santa Rosa Catholic Church Road Sign

Click here to go the Santa Rosa Catholic Church Home Page