Santa Rosa Religious Education Ministry
In case of an emergency contact the church office...(254) 793-0273
The mission of Santa Rosa de Lima Religious Education is to bring the children to Christ, who said "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these" (Matthew 19:13-15). It is our desire to fulfill this mission through the following:
Click Here to Join Our Email List
- Provide Religious Education that cares for the whole person, not just the head.
- Hand over the faith of the church which includes scripture, tradition and doctrine.
- Provide an environment for prayer for both teachers and children.
- Prepare them to receive the sacraments - Baptism, Holy Communion, and Confirmation.
***Middle School is only offered on Sunday during both sections. ***High School is offered during all three sections.
• 9 AM - 10:15 AM for PreK/4 yrs old through 12th grade
• 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM for grades 6 - 12 and RCIC (3rd-8th)
• 6:30 PM - 7:45 PM for grades 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th and 9th-12th.
Click Here to Register Online
Registration for 2016-2017 to open in August 1. (Both online and in the office.)
Fees from online registration can be placed in the collection basket or the "Completed Forms" box next to the Sacristy in an envelope clearly marked "RE Fees" or brought to the office.
2016-2017 RE Registration will take place Online or in the RE office.
Forms will be available in the RE Building beginning Tuesday, August 2, 2017. The RE Office will be open:
- Sundays at 11:30 AM or
- As well as Tuesday-Friday 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Fees for Faith Formation classes are:
• $40 for one child
• $60 for two children
• $90 for 3 or more children
• An additional $25 for those enrolled in our Sacramental preparation classes.
*Classes scheduled to begin Sunday, September 11, 2016 and Wednesday, September 14, 2016
Are you interested in serving in the Religious Education Ministry at Santa Rosa?
There is always a place to serve in RE. We guarantee that there is a place for you to share your gifts!
Please contact: Karen Kurtin, Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements For All New Catechists, Returning Catechists and Volunteers
See the Diocese of Austin web page for more information: http://www.austindiocese.org Select "Offices & Ministries" at the top of the page and scroll down and select "Ethics and Integrity in Ministry Office" Look to the right of the screen and click on the "EIM Application" link. The "EIM Application/Background Check Info" link will explain the who, how, and why of this program and what to do if you have already been trained in another diocese. Click on "Online application - eAppsDB"e to begin your EIM Application.
After you have complected your application you have three months to attend an EIM workshop.
EIM compliance is a requirement of the Diocese of Austin. All information about the Ethics & Integrity in Ministry (EIM) is available online.
- Returning Catechists remember if it has been 3 years since you last attended an EIM Workshop, the 1 1/2 hour refresher course is required login to eAppsDB to see a schedule and locations.